120 (one hundred twenty) is a positive integer following 119 and preceding 121. A rare name for it is twelfty (from twelve + -ty). Since "hundred" used to refer to either 100 or 120, the names long hundred and great hundred for 120 were also coined to disambiguate them.
- the eighth tetrahedral number
- the 15th triangular number
- 5! = 5x4x3x2x1
- the 5th Superior Highly Composite Number
- the smallest number with 16 divisors
- Ten dozen
- Six score
- 120 is the first number whose sum of its proper divisors equals twice the number itself.
- It is also equal to 10!!!!.
- The number of faces of a disdyakis triacontahedron, which is the isohedral 3-dimensional shape with the most faces, excluding dipyramids and trapezohedra. Fair 120-sided dice in this shape has been mass-produced.
It is also the number of possible bishop moves in 5×5 minichess.
120 has appeared several times in Super Mario games, for instance:
- There are a total of 120 stars in Super Mario 64.
- There are a total of 120 shines in Super Mario Sunshine.
- In Super Mario Galaxy, there are 120 stars before Grand Finale Galaxy, which is unlocked after obtaining the other 120 stars.
- In Super Mario Galaxy 2, there are 120 normal stars at first, then you must collect 120 green stars.